On 01/16/2014 11:16 AM, Nishanth Aravamudan wrote:
> On 15.01.2014 [16:38:48 -0700], Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> First time trying to install RHEL with cobber - been doing it for a long with
>> with Fedora/SL.
>>
>> Downloaded the RHEL 6.5 DVD and imported it into cobbler.  Install goes fine.
>>  However, trying to register the system has problems because it doesn't have
>> any product information:
>>
>> The system has been registered with ID: XXXXX
>> No products installed.
>>
>> My understanding is that you should see something like:
>>
>> Installed Product Current Status:
>> Product Name:           Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
>>
>> Similar to https://access.redhat.com/site/solutions/100423 I lack anything in
>> /etc/pki/product/ and /var/lib/rhsm/productid.js is empty.
>>
>> Anyone know how this is supposed to be populated?
>
> For what it's worth, I think this is probably a question better directed
> at RedHat (from whom you should have support if you have a license) than
> from Cobbler? My first guess is just that you don't have the right
> certificate installed, which should have come with the license?
>
> Thanks,
> Nish

I'm sure it is - however this is an unsupported license that I get by being an
EPEL contributor.  When I installed from the DVD directly in the past
everything was fine - that is why I'm suspecting the kickstart install playing
a role and was hoping other cobbler users might have had some experience with
this.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       or...@nwra.com