In cobbler 2.6.5, Management Classses have some more options than listed in
the docs:

http://www.cobblerd.org/manuals/2.6.0/3/1/6_-_Management_Classes.html

namely:

class name
is definition?
parameter/variables

Are these used at all?

I'm curious about the possibility of setting ks_meta variables through
management class membership.  I currently pass a "type=" ks_meta with values
like "laptop","desk","server" to indicate the type of machine it is.  I'm
starting to look at ansible and it would be nice to have host groups based on
the "type".  I don't want a proliferation of profiles for each of the types,
so I hit on mgmt-class which ansible will group by.  It would be nice if
membership in the class would also then handle passing the type= ks_meta.

Thoughts?

-  Orion

--
Orion Poplawski