Hi

See this on ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04. My cobbler setup runs on centos 6.5 and I believe I am running cobbler 2.6.3 (not so old).

Debian installer always tries to use dhcp to get an ip on first boot.

To allow static IP's to work, you need to edit the entry on the iso (press Tab) and change netcfg/disable_dhcp=true to netcfg/disable_autoconfig=true.

I tracked this down and found references to it here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=689531

Searching disable_dhcp here, it appears this is in action_buildiso.py, and this could be edited as a work around.

I logged this as a bug. Probably needs some testing to see which ubuntu/debian distros this applies to, but I see this since 12.04 (we only use the LTS releases).

I logged a bug about this; looks easy to fix.

Will give it some more testing tomorrow.

Alastair Munro
Senior Linux Sysadmin