On 08/31/2016 01:33 PM, Rick Leir wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am setting up fc24 as a cobbler server. Am I doing something wrong? When I
> visit https://192.168.0.8/cobbler_web I get python errors.
>

> In the errors, it shows
>
> TEMPLATE_DIRS    ('/usr/share/cobbler/web/templates',)
>
> but the templates are actually at
>
> /usr/share/cobbler/web/cobbler_web/templates/

Interesting.  I wonder why this didn't seem to be a problem with earlier
Djangos.  Filed https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/pull/1687

> I added a symbolic link to fix this problem. The next problem was that the
> django function SortedDict could not be found. Google tells me:
>
>   https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/SortedDict
> SortedDict is deprecated as of Django 1.7 and will be removed in Django 1.9.
> Use ​
>
>   collections.OrderedDict instead.

OrderedDict was added in python 2.7 and cobbler still supports 2.6.  However,
RHEL6 backported OrderedDict into python-2.6.6-43 in RHEL 6.5.  I don't know
about any other old 2.6 containing distros that cobbler claims to support.
Filed https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/pull/1686

> These versions are installed:
>
> cobbler-web-2.6.11-4.fc24.noarch
> cobbler-2.6.11-4.fc24.x86_64

Can you remove your symbolic link and give this build a try?  It has the above
two changes.

> This all makes it seem that no-one is using Cobbler-web. Have people moved on
> to Spacewalk or something else?

I suspect most folks are using the enterprise linux versions and so not
dealing with newer django versions.  I still run cobbler on a EL6 machine with
Django 1.4.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       or...@nwra.com