Today my feeders are attracting at least 175 Pine Siskins.  This is, by far,
the most I have seen in my yard (or maybe anywhere).  I am trying to find a
redpoll in the swarm, but no success as of yet.  Will definitely let you
know if I do!

Also, this weekend, I drove through the Hidden Valley subdivision near
Paonia both Saturday and Sunday mornings looking for rosy-finches, but there
were none present.  Yesterday, I went cross-country skiing at a new location
for me in the West Elks east of Crawford (Gunnison County).  The elevation
was probably somewhere between 7500 and 8500 feet and we encountered a good
number of birds including American Robins, Mountain Bluebirds, Cedar
Waxwings, Red-breasted Nuthatches, Mountain Chickadees, and Pine Grosbeaks.

Jason Beason

Paonia - Delta County