Like Kevin I dropped by Lee Martinez in mid-afternoon too, and by mere
quirk of fate and wonderful luck I did manage to refind the
Worm-eating Warbler. I last saw it along with a pair of Parulas
(Northern), male and female, in the gallery trees along the river a
couple hundred yards upstream from the Cherry Street parking area. I
also saw one of the Northern Waterthrushes, one time calling and
another time singing, near that same parking lot. I had never heard
this species vocalize 'live' before, and I was very impressed by how
loud they are.

I have a few photos of all these warblers, including the Parula
bathing, which I hope to have up shortly.

I also saw the Broad-winged Hawk as well, and was also impressed that
it was calling repeatedly, every 30 seconds to a minute, for the
better part of an hour.

As others have mentioned, it was a very amazing day for Spizellas. I
have never seen so many Chipping, Brewer's and Clay-colored Sparrows,
especially in town, as I did today. I'm sure that if I had spent more
time searching, well, anywhere in town, I might have found all sorts
of interesting stuff. These are exciting days to be birding.

(And I didn't even mention the thrushes and the towhees!)

--
Eric DeFonso
Fort Collins, CO