Dear Cobirders,
        I headed out to the Ponderosa Pine forests of Boulder County this
morning (8/25) to try and track down a Townsend's Warbler.  First stop
was Bald Mountain Open Space, where we quickly realized that the bird-
of-the-day was going to be Western Bluebird.  These guys were
everywhere in every state of molt and wear.  Also present were a few
Mountain Bluebirds and a surprising number of Yellow-rumped Warblers
and Plumbeous Vireos.  No Townsend's Warblers though, so we headed
over to Betasso Preserve.  We walked counter to the bike traffic and
had a fairly birdy time finding more Plumbeous Vireos, a pile of
Turkey feathers without the Turkey, more Western and Mountain
Bluebirds and Red Crossbills (type 2 I believe).  When we returned to
the parking lot, we noticed a female Western Tanager fly into a tree
near the bathroom.  When I picked up my binoculars to look at the
Western Tanager, I noticed that the branch behind it held a Warbler.
My first instinct was Townsend's Warbler, but I quickly realized that
it's face was suffused with orange.  Better looks revealed it to be a
Blackburnian Warbler.  The bird headed down the upper trail and I was
unable to relocate it.  It was last seen at around 12:30.  Good luck
to anyone who pokes around for it.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Boulder, CO