We visited Boyd Lake State Park on Sept. l and did not see much migration
activitie there so far.  however today gave a lttle increase in some areas -
Red-winged Blackbirds and Grackles are forming in large flocks.  I showed one
of the Park staff an Osprey flying - she said she had seen two there earlier.
Some Pelicans showing signs of migrational intents - one Vesper Sparrow but no
Sparrow groups observed by us.  Almost no waterfowl - a Lonesome George Mallard
here and there, 2 Pied Bill Grebes and a few Killdeer, probably in migration.
No big rafts of ducks on the reservoir which we expected to see.  We keep
watching so we might see big numbers anytime now.

Warner and Ruth Reeser

Loveland