About a dozen bird lovers spent a beautiful last Sunday of summer at the
Barr Banding Station.  We welcomed the first junco and towhees (a Spotted
and a Green-tailed) of the season, and at least one visitor noted that the
Yellow-rumpeds were in the neighborhood if not in our nets.  A leisurely
day, we banded the following:

House Wren 2

Hermit Thrush 2

Orange-crowned Warbler 2

Yellow Warbler 1

Wilson's Warbler 6

Green-tailed Towhee 1

Spotted Towhee 1

Clay-colored Sparrow 1

Lincoln's Sparrow 3

Pink-sided Junco 1

Station will be closed tomorrow, 9/21, then open every day (weather
permitting) through 9/29.  Next possible closed date is 9/30.

Come visit!

Meredith McBurney

Bird Bander

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory