We had nice weather on Friday and Saturday, and capture numbers on the good
side for this season - which means well below average for a typical season
at Barr.  Friday we banded 17 birds and recaught a Gambel's White-crowned
Sparrow that we first banded in 2007.  Saturday we banded 22.  Sunday was
warmer and dismal; we banded 9 birds and closed early when the wind picked
up.  Hoping for better bird results and slightly cooler weather this coming
week.

Total birds banded for the 3 days:

Downy Woodpecker 3

Western Wood-pewee 3

Rock Wren 1

House Wren 1

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1

Hermit Thrush 3

Orange-crowned Warbler 14

Myrtle Warbler 1

Audubon's Warbler 4

Townsend's Warbler 1

Wilson's Warbler 5

Yellow-breasted Chat 1

Chipping Sparrow 2

Song Sparrow 1

Lincoln's Sparrow 1

Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 1

Oregon Junco 1

Pink-sided Junco 4

We will be closed Wednesday, 9/30.  Otherwise open every day this week,
including Sat and Sun.  Next likely closed date is 10/7.

Meredith McBurney

Bird Bander

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

303/329-8091 (land line)