COBirders,

I made a stop at Big Johnson reservoir tonight near dusk to check out the gulls
and anything else that might have shown up recently.  Shortly after getting
there an immature White-winged Scoter appeared.  I was able to call John
Drummond, who had just left and he was able to also see the bird.  But, in
typical fashion at this reservoir, it took us about 10 minutes to relocate the
bird.

Other birds of note to me were at least four Common Loons and one Lesser
Black-backed Gull (3rd or 4th cycle bird).  By the time I left there were
approximately 2000 gulls.  They were still coming in when it was almost too
dark to see them.

Also, I have had as many as seven White-winged Doves at my feeders this month
but the past few days I have only seen one.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs

--