Just to complicate things a little...
On Sunday, there were TWO wrens at St.Vrain River and 63rd Street.
The first one I saw was upstream on the west bank across the pile of dead wood
near the little water fall; the second came in from the west with some
chickadees and was on the west bank, near the bridge at first. It eventually
flew across to the east bank and disappeared under the grass overhanging the
bank (after a real good show on the rock and a few times on low branches . Just
before we left the area, I had a glimpse on the "other" wren; that one was just
too far and moved in and out of view much too quickly to get the scope on it.
I'd see it for a slit second, and really a SPLIT second. And, I never saw a
wren fly from the east side of the river to the n-w area, all the time looking
to relocate the second wren.  My husband also saw TWO wrens; he isn't a birder
except "under duress" but has great observation skills.
The wren we had a good look at near the bridge (myself, Joyce Takamine, and her
sister) was definitely darker than an eastern Winter Wren.
My humble opinion...two wrens.
Cecile Lee
Elbert, CO

--