Hello all,

Mike Henwood and I went to the Simpson Ponds State Wildlife Area to look for
the Rusty Blackbirds reported earlier. Around 1 to 1:30 PM, we found two Rusty
Blackbirds. One was perched in a tree where the small tributary flows from the
frozen pond to the river. The other was on a fallen tree in the river east of
the tributary. We also saw a Virginia Rail foraging along the edge of the
river, and several (at least 3, and perhaps as many as 5) Audubon's
Yellow-rumped Warblers.

We also saw the two previously reported Harlan's Red-tailed Hawks from northern
Boulder County: a light adult at the corner of  No. 75th and St. Vrain Rd., and
a dark bird along Hygiene Rd. just east of 61st.

Bob Andrews
Englewood, CO

--
Colorado Field Ornithologists: http://www.cfo-link.org/