COBirders,

First, sorry for the tardiness but I originally identified this bird as a
Glaucous Gull (GLGU) and then started to look at some pictures and decided it
might not be a GLGU.  So I asked Tony Leukering to give me his opinion and
along with Tony and a couple of others it was determined to be a 2nd cycle
ICELAND GULL.  Given its size it is probably a male.  There were also two
THAYER'S GULLS present.  I was at the location around 11:30 a.m. Saturday
morning.

Here is a URL to a map and photo of the bird.  The bird was at the pond in the
Anthem area just south of highway 7 on Lowell Blvd.

http://tinyurl.com/yj2n9tz

-----

Mark Peterson

Colorado Springs