Here are the highlights that Nick Komar and I saw/heard in Broomfield, Boulder,
and Weld Counties today (2/15).
Broomfield County:
  Indian Peaks Pkwy Pond
    GLAUCOUS GULL - 1 adult
    Lesser Black-backed Gull - 1 1st cycle
    Thayer's Gull - 3, 2 adults and 1 1st cycle

  Glasser Reservoir (just north of the Holy Family High School)
    ICELAND GULL - 1 2nd cycle (appeared to be the same bird that Mark Peterson
photographed at the Indian Peaks Pkwy Pond on Saturday). This bird flew north
just as I got to the reservoir.
    Thayer's Gull - 1 adult
    Herring Gull x Glaucous-winged Gull Hybrid - 1 2nd cycle
    Snow Goose - 1
    Red-breasted Merganser - 1

Boulder County:
  Valmont Reservoir (scenic overlook in the south side of the reservoir)
    Thayer's Gull - 2, 1 adult and 1 1st winter
    COMMON REDPOLL - 1, we heard a bird call that gave a 'chit-chit-chit' call,
which sounded like other Common Redpolls that we have seen in Colorado. We were
not able to see it though.
    Clark's Grebe - 1
    Horned Grebe - 2

Weld County:
  Erie Landfill
    A couple thousand gulls. We could not find anything rare, but they were so
far away that we could have missed something.

  Luna Reservoir
    There were lots of ducks on the south side of the reservoir. We were there
in the middle of the day which made for bad lighting.

Cole Wild
Loveland, CO