Hi all:

Well the Monte Vista Crane Festival is completed. Attendance was normal to
perhaps slightly below normal. When I gave the welcome to the Friday evening
program I surveyed the 110 attendees at that session as to where they came
from. The majority of folks had traveled more than a 100 miles and were from
mostly the front range with some from out of state like Arizona and NM. To all
who attended, thank you for visiting and joining us for this springtime
tradition.

There were an estimated 20,000 cranes on hand for viewing. This represents
about 80 percent of the Rocky Mountain flock. The weather was good until Sunday
when the snow blew in, and hope you all made it back safely. Some other birds
seen during the weekend were Cackling, Canada and Snow Geese, Redheads, Common
Mergansers, Brown Creeper, Belted Kingfisher and numerous Bald Eagles.

For those who participated, let me know what things went well for you. Also, we
are always looking for ways to improve so any helpful suggestions are also
appreciated. See you next year and let no dust gather on your birding
binoculars!

John Rawinski
Crane Committee volunteer