Hi Birders,

Spring is here, and we will soon be banding!  RMBO, in partnership with
Audubon Society of Greater Denver, will again run its banding station at the
Audubon Nature Center at Chatfield.  We will be open from Monday, April 26
through Memorial Day, May 31.  We will be open every day, weather
permitting, except for May 13 -15, from about 6:30 a.m. until noon,
depending on the birds.

You are welcome to visit at any time.  We have school groups many weekdays,
usually arriving at 9 a.m or later, so come early if you are looking for
more birds and smaller crowds!  Weekends tend to be very busy but great for
families; the Nature Center is open and ASGD has activities for kids of all
ages.

To get to the station, go to the Audubon Nature Center parking lot. From
C470 & Wadsworth Blvd., go south on Wadsworth about 4.4 miles. Turn left on
Waterton Road. Turn left into the first parking lot at the Audubon Center
sign.  The path to the station starts at the far north end of the parking
lot.  Walk more or less east, staying to the right of the restrooms and then
the pond.  When you reach the far east end of the pond where the trail
splits, stay on the trail as it goes to the right.  The "station" is the 2
picnic tables in a big, open, fenced area. (Enter through the gate, which is
unlocked when the station is open.)

More information, including info about the Chico Station, is posted on the
RMBO website at www.rmbo.org <http://www.rmbo.org/> .  If you have specific
questions, feel free to e-mail me directly.  Looking forward to a great
banding season!

Meredith

Meredith McBurney

Bird Bander