April 29, 2010  Leaving Lucerne area and driving to Crow Valley Recreation
area. We did not see much in Crow. A young man told us he saw a Blue- Grey
Gnatcatcher, which we heard, but did not see. He also saw a Swainson's Thrush,
Yellow-rumped and Orange-crowned Warblers.

The snow brought in birds in numbers today. Along Hwy 14 east of Ault after the
first curve two Golden Eagles sitting on a rise in the snow.
Water spots along Hwy 392 water birds often in numbers.
Pelicans  50+
White-faced Ibis 100+
(White-faced Ibis along 35 Ave south of the Pouder River 50)
Wilson's Phalarope swimming in a raft on Cozzen's Lake  50   Road WCR 41 and 72
Willet's  18 also at Cozzen's Lake
As we drove off of Hwy 392 from Brigsdale we found two Great-Horned Owl Nests
with two Owlets each
Saey's Phoebe
Swainson's Hawks along the roads  14 or more
Prairie Falcon on utility pole along Hwy 392
A flock of Barn Swallows    20
Bald Eagle 1
Avocets   12 or more
Many ducks or water fowl that I will not mention

Great day
Norma Erickson
Mary Kippes