Friday was a good day (14 banded; 2 returns from prior years); Saturday was
slow (5 banded).  We are catching most of our birds in just a few nets where
the bushes have leafed out and/or are flowering.  Most foliage just
beginning to sprout leaves.

We caught one new species for the banding station - 2 Bushtits, including a
female with a brood patch.  We also had an interesting Yellow-rumped
intergrade - bright yellow throat turning abruptly white as it curved around
the side of the head into a more Myrtle-like facial pattern.

Here's the rundown for the 2 days:

Downy Woodpecker 1

Black-capped Chickadee 2

Bushtit (first ever, 1 M, 1 F with brood patch) 2

House Wren (1 banded 2009) 3

Ruby-crowned Kinglet (FOS) 1

Orange-crowned Warbler (FOS) 2

Virginia's Warbler (FOS) 1

Myrtle Warbler 3

Audubon Warbler 2

Yellow-rumped Intergrade 1

Song Sparrow (banded 2007, recaught 2008) 2

White-crowned Sparrow (Mountain) 1

Meredith McBurney

Bird Bander

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory