The other night while owling, I had a chance to witness courtship among a male
and female Flammulated Owls. The male did his typical whodup who call while the
female emitted a high pitched and somewhat raspy wheee. They did these calls
concurrently and I saw them each from time to time. Then I saw something I had
never seen before in Flams....the male apparently feeding the female some item
as a token of his amorous intentions. Does anyone know if this has been seen in
owls and/or  in flams?

Lots seems to be coming through in the San Luis Valley right now. Last years
CFO convention took place around this week so it seems like almost the peak of
a delayed migration this year.

At San Luis Lake, there were Osprey and a Whimbrel. Whimbrels are rare, but in
this year, we have had 2...one at Blanca and one here. Doubt they are the same
bird.

I photographed the Valleys 2nd Baltimore Oriole near Keens Grove up Cat Creek.
The Maleugs had one a few years back. This pair was in willows and I saw the
female gathering nesting material while the male ate catkin parts. So, if this
species does breed here, we need to be watching for it in Keens Grove or there
abouts.

Two Lewis's Woodpeckers were on a fenceline near Houghton's Place, on the way
up Cat Creek. This species is likely nesting in the dead Cottonwoods to the
south along Cat Creek.

So many birds...so little time....

John R