Late yesterday afternoon while checking on habitat integrity in a BLM
location called Seep Springs I spotted an adult male Black-throated Gray
Warbler (a good sign) and got some photos of him that I have uploaded to my
BirdsAndNature <http://http//BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com> blog.  Two nights
before, between 7-7:30 pm, I saw 1-2 Gray Flycatchers and 1 Virginia's
Warblers in Red Canyon Park.  Both locations are composed of very nice and
some old growth pinyon-juniper habitat.   The Seep Springs Area is located
directly west of Red Canyon Park in Fremont County -you just follow the one
road through Red Canyon Park to the adjacent Seep Springs (this is a
primitive area with no amenities and dirt roads are pretty rugged due to
recent stormwater runoff).  Red Canyon Park is located 8 miles north of
Canon City on CR9 (see Colo County Birding).  These species will soon be
migrating south.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City