This morning my wife, mother (Scarborough, ME), and I braved the
elements to try to observe the Ross's gull.  I figured between the
cold, wind, light snow on the ground, and white caps on Cherry Creek,
the gull would feel right at home in the near-Arctic conditions; but
to no avail.

Late from Lake Drive, we watched two mature Bald Eagles scatter all
the gulls on the sand spit east of the marina and settle down to feast
on the dead duck that had been washed up several days ago.

At Legion Park in Boulder we were able to see the Tundra Swan and
three Ferrouginous Hawks, one of which passed directly overhead of the
parking lot.

Thank you to Leslie of Boulder who pointed out the Golden-crowned
Sparrow at Red Rocks to my mother this past Friday.

Robert Hill
Westminster, CO