Thank you Everyone! Wow, birders are great. I share the results as several
of you asked.

The consensus is to pack the tripod in the checked luggage and bring the
optical equipment packed in the carry-on. Alas, there is the chance that the
tripod could get lost/broken with checked baggage, so it might be worth
putting in carry-on if there is room and if it collapses small enough. A few
hassles reported just trying to carry-on tripod in hand.

Another good idea passed along was bring a lock for the carry-on luggage
with a TSA approved luggage lock JUST IN CASE they ask you to check your bag
full of your optics (I think some of you would faint).

No recent changes, or restrictions reported.

Thanks again!

--
Scott

Scott Severs