On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Roederer Scott <osp...@estesvalley.net>wrote:

> CObirders,
>
> The $36 fee for Jumbo and Prewitt seems exorbitant, mainly because you'd
> evidently still need a habitat stamp for other SWAs. Sounds like the high
> fee is simply to discourage "non-wildlife" activities at those two areas and
> may be a good thing overall.

Actually the Habitat Stamp for those not buying fishing or hunting licenses
was discontinue as it was in conflict with some federal regulations about
the use of funds from federal taxes on hunting and fishing equipment that
was used to purchase some of the SWA's.  So you can certainly buy a fishing
license and the required Habitat Stamp for those buying fishing licenses.
It will not make any difference at other SWA's since at this time they do
not (yet) have special entry fees and none require Habitat Stamps for those
not fishing or hunting.  Here is a link to DOW info on Habitat Stamp
changes<http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/B7F2D9F3-F141-4183-B27C-80F8CDDAD41B/0/RevisedHabitatflyer.pdf>

Although those over 64 can buy a fishing license for $1 and $10 Habitat
Stamp for fishermen/hunters, that is not required for them to enter Jumbo or
Prewitt.  Anyone under 19 or over 64 does not have to buy an access permit.
This was the info on the link I sent earlier:

"Any person age 19 through 64 must possess an annual Jumbo Reservoir/Prewitt
Reservoir access permit in order to access this property, except that any
person who possesses a current and valid Colorado annual hunting or fishing
license is exempt from this permit requirement. Permits shall cost $36, and
are valid from April 1 - March 31 annually. Permits are available from any
Total Licensing System vendor."

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com