Saw a male Spotted Towhee on the Towhee trail in south Boulder on
Tuesday, March 15th at 3 P.M.  It's the first one I've seen this
spring.  He was in a treetop, singing loudly. I also saw a mature Bald
Eagle flying overhead while hiking the Homestead trail.  The flight
feathers were missing in the same area on both wings.  It was very
distinctive.  Perhaps they were tags.  I took pictures of both birds
which I have not posted.  It is too far away to tell if they are
tags.  These trails are in the city of Boulder, starting at the S.
Mesa trailhead.

Pat Hoadley
Boulder, CO