Our woodworking birder friend, driving in to our house this morning, clearly
saw a common/Wilson's snipe in the "duck yard" of our neighborhood, looking
perplexed. I guess it was thinking that ducks and water usually go together,
and yet here was a band of know-nothings hanging around a barren little yard
with nothing but a dry canal within 400 yards. Hope it gets the farm pond &
marsh availability figured out soon.

Still have not seen osprey near Lagerman, but the bald eagle couple
continues to be seen regularly in the area. Their golden pal, however, has
not been around this week.

Linda G
East of Table Mtn, north of Haystack