Yesterday (21 March, first day of calendar Spring) I found a pair of Osprey
setting up housekeeping on a nest platform in the SWA on the south side of
Pueblo Reservoir. I also had a brief distant look at an American White Pelican,
later seen by another birder. Both are my FOS. The Osprey were there again
today but I did not refind the pelican. It was hard to see much in the howling
wind.

The reservoir is very full; water is nearly to the edge of the road on North
Picnic Road. We are hoping for some nice shorebirds in the flooded grassy areas
in the northside SWA again this year.

Cheers,
Margie Joy
Pueblo West, CO