Cobirders,

I thought that I would add that the "beetle kill" area as it was referred to
by Andy is most likely attributable to Western Spruce Budworm.  The large
stand of dead defoliated trees is comprised of Douglas-fir while the
Ponderosa Pines in the immediate vicinity remain in healthy condition.  I
visited this location on Saturday morning but had no luck with the American
Three-toed so it is nice to know that they are indeed still in the area.
There are also Williamson's Sapsuckers drumming in the stand across the road
to the south.

Good Birding,

Steve Stachowiak

Highlands Ranch, CO