Hi COBirders,

Well,  I wasn't going to bother with a report because observations of migrating
raptors have been pretty thin the last few days - and wind hasn't been much
help. But then I saw the day they had at Dinosaur Ridge, and thought I'd
better.  Results for this week - observations from 10am-1pm.

Tuesday - Red-tailed Hawk - 2, plus 2 local birds, Prairie Falcon - 1, probably
also a local breeder

Wednesday - thick overcast and drizzle - couldn't see the ridges, but the local
Red-tail circled over my house!

Thursday - Am Kestrel  - 1, and one local Red-tailed Hawk.

Friday - Turkey Vulture - 1
                Red-tailed Hawk - 2 migrants, plus one local

However - there was a good arrival of passerines in the oak/pine foothills
here. Today I saw FOS Rock Wren, FOS Say's Phoebe, and 5 FOS Spotted Towhees -
when I'd seen none in the oak all winter until today - included calling,
chasing,  and an apparent pair checking out nest sites.

This has been an unusual spring. I see all of the great numbers reported in
Denver and wonder how they get there - because they don't seem to be migrating
past here!  The search goes on. Maybe next year!

RMBO Banding starts at Chico Basin Ranch on Monday - through May 21, so it is
time to switch gears and hope for migrant songbirds.

Good birding, and good migration,

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs