Hi all,

I birded Twin Lakes in the Gunbarrel area of Boulder this morning.  The only
unusual sighting was of a phoebe that looked pretty much like your typical
Eastern Phoebe, but sang a very odd song that in many ways resembled the
hybrid songs of Black x Eastern Phoebes.  I recorded a couple minutes of its
song for documentation purposes, and the spectrograms look quite odd.  But
if I had only gotten a visual, I'm not sure I would have suspected anything
amiss -- it looked pretty standard for an Eastern.

The bird was found at 8:00 AM at the concrete aqueduct at the south end of
the canal that runs between the Twin Lakes.  It sang for two minutes, then
flew far to the north.  I lost it near the road and I think it kept heading
north, out of the area.

Nathan Pieplow
Boulder