Still a little early for warblers but getting closer. John Stump and I birded
the Cemetery, Cattails Golf Course and South River Road and it was nice to have
NO winds to fight. Best birds were Solitary Sandpiper, Willets, Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher, Hermit Thrush, Virginia Rail, Lincoln's Sparrow and Wilson's
Warbler.

At Cattails Golf Course, the beavers have had a busy winter falling a lot of
cottonwood trees in one of the best migrant traps, where we have had
Worm-eating, Magnolia, Black-throated Blue and Blackpoll Warblers in the past.
The golf course folks are installing wire barriers around the trees to save the
remainder and they seem to be working. Good birding all.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista