On this very cold, gray, almost but not quite rainy, birdy Saturday, we had the
second best banding day ever at this station!  73 banded, 6 returns = 79.
Thanks to Andy Doll, DMNS Ornithology Fellow, for his help banding, and the
great crew of volunteers who got birds out of the nets while Andy and I talked
with the MANY visitors (probably more humans than birds) out enjoying the
frigid weather and super birds.  And the Kingerys, who were out with a group
doing the spring bird count, for sharing their bird knowledge.  Great day!

Dusky Flycatcher 8
Gray Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 1
House Wren 6
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Swainson's Thrush (FOS) 1
Hermit Thrush 1
Gray Catbird 3 new, 1 return (banded 08, recaught 09, 10)
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Virginia's Warbler 4
Yellow Warbler 5 new, 3 returns (1 banded in 09, 2 in 10)
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Myrtle 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon 9
Northern Waterthrush (FOS) 1
Common Yellowthroat 4
Wilson's Warbler 1
Yellow-breasted Chat (FOS) 2 returns (1 banded 09, 1 in 10)
Green-tailed Towhee 1
Spotted Towhee 1
Chipping Sparrow 1
Brewer's Sparrow 5
Lincoln's Sparrow 6
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 5
Red-winged Blackbird 1

We'll be back tomorrow, weather permitting!

Meredith McBurney
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory
Chatfield Banding Station