Hi COBirders,

The lake water is still high and the weather HOT, but it is late August and
that means we are getting ready for another banding season at Barr Lake!
While working on set-up this morning, I opened 7 nets for about 3 hours and
caught 24 birds, including 21 Yellow Warblers - young, old (including a male
we banded in 2008), boys and girls.  Also, 1 House Wren (I could hear them
everywhere, but they were not visiting the nets today), 1 Western
Wood-Pewee, and.....1 Wilson's Warbler, a young female, a sign that fall
migration is coming!!

Our official opening is this Saturday, as part of RMBO's Annual BBQ for the
Birds.  Join us and 300 or so of your closest birding friends for banding,
bird walks and talks, great food, a presentation by "The Big Year" author
Mark Obmascik and more!  (See www.rmbo.org <http://www.rmbo.org/>  for
details.)

After Saturday, we will be open 6 days a week; the first week we will be
closed Monday, August 29, but open every other day!  Looking forward to
seeing you this fall,

Meredith

Meredith McBurney

Biologist/Bander