Birders,

Although I didn't run into the Red Phalarphope, there were 5 COMMON TERNS out
on the floating docks in the middle of Boulder Reservoir this morning. The
Walk-a-thon wasn't too much of a hindrance. Much less aggravating than a
marathon when the runners are too exhausted to move out of the middle of the
road. Driving the road around Boulder Res is often an exercise in patience with
the runners, bikers, walkers, and birders/nature observers.

While watching the Red Phalarope the other day, I thought it was picking small
insects off the surface. I even got to see it fly-catching, flying off the
surface of the water a few feet to grab a flying insect. Not the most common
behavior for shorebirds, I don't think.

I check many bodies of water this morning. The 2 SANDERLINGS continue at
Baseline. I checked Lagerman, Clover Basin, McIntosh, Terry Lake, Ish
Reservoir, Panama Reservoir and Prince Lake #2. There wasn't really anything to
report at any of those places. Bald Eagles were conspicuous almost everywhere,
doing their best to flush all the other birds.

Good birding,

Christian Nunes
Boulder, CO
pajaro...@hotmail.com