John Stump and I birded San Luis Lake and Smith reservoir yesterday. It was a
cool 42 degrees, but winds were tolerable. It appears many gulls at San Luis
Lake have left with only a smattering or Ring-billed present. A Bald eagle was
a nice sight.

At Smith Reservoir, we looked carefully at 3 dowitchers feeding in some
mudflats. They ended up being Long-billed Dowitchers, juvenile, molt and we had
good lighting to check the tertials.  This bird is very late for the San Luis
Valley and will result in a revision in my occurrence charts.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista