Hello, Birders.

Guess who's turning 10 years old? That's right, the Lamar-based High Plains
Snow Goose Festival is now in its 10th year! This year's festival will be held
Thursday-Sunday, February 23rd-26th, 2012. Get all the info here:

http://www.highplainssnowgoose.com

I can think of a zillion reasons to visit Lamar. (For one thing, you never know
when you may spy David Leatherman playing tennis at 1:45 in the morning.) A
particularly nice thing about late February in Lamar is that, contrary to our
experiences up here in the northern Front Range region, it's SPRING down there.
Common Grackles, Killdeer, Cinnamon Teal, American White Pelicans... Mountain
Bluebirds on the move; longspurs on the move (try the outskirts of Two Buttes);
Snow Geese galore (75,000 as of a last week, according to the festival
website), and always a few flocks of Sandhill Cranes...

I'll be there! And I hope to see many of you in Lamar, too.

Ted Floyd
tedfloy...@hotmail.com
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado