Greetings All,

First, for the positive data.
I had a lovely walk around St Vrain State Park before the wind started up.
There are a goodly number and variety of in Pelican Pond, approaching that of
Cottonwood Marsh at Walden Ponds. The only rarity was a MALLARD x GADWALL (yes,
another), different from last year's bird. This bird seems to be a F2 (that is,
the result of a hybrid breeding with either parent species or another hybrid).
It looks like a (Mallard x Gadwall) x Mallard as its brown chest is more
prominent than other Gadwall x Mallards I've seen, and the head is nearly
entirely green. Perhaps this bird is the offspring from the Mallard x Gadwall
at St Vrain last March.

Secondly, The GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW is still at Teller Ponds (the parking lot
near the horse stables). The bird seems to hang out in the lines of evergreens
and brush on the s. side of the parking lot. Waiting for it to pop in the open
to feed seems the best strategy.

There was also a LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL at Baseline Res, Boulder Co -- a 3rd
year bird, I believe. Otherwise, Baseline was not very birdy...

Which leads to the negative data
Anthem Ranch and Sienna Ponds in Broomfield are birdless
LUNA Reservoir has only about 10% of the birds it has had all winter.
Erie Res has but a modest number of birds and an uninteresting selection.
Waneka was almost utterly birdless.

Good Birding
Steven Mlodinow
Longmont CO