John Drummond phoned to tell me that he stopped to bird the Santa Clara
Creek
site, just west of exit 42, off I-25. This spot is well described in
about the pair of Hepatic Tanagers found there by Tom Wilberding last week
and seen my many CFO conventioneers.

John heard and saw a singing, male SCOTT"S ORIOLE, as well as a singing
HEPATIC TANAGER at 7:40 AM today, May 21st. The oriole would be a FIRST
HUERFANO COUNTY
record, as it is not noted on the Huerfano County checklist at the CFO
County Birding Website.
Way to go, John!
Perhaps others will stop here as they journey home from the successful CFO
convention.
Joe Roller, Denver