Folks,

I started this morning at a very birdy Cherry Creek state park.  The trees at 
the Smoky Hills picnic area were filled with birds, mostly warblers.  There 
were 25+ Townsend's Warblers and about that many Yellow-rumped, half or so as 
many Wilson's and 1 Orange-crowned Warbler.  Last week I saw several 
Red-breasted Nuthatches a Mountain Chickadee and 2 Nashville Warblers in these 
trees.  The lake held gulls and grebes and 6 Red-necked Phalaropes.  Along the 
south shore I saw a Swainson's Thrush (unusual for Cherry Creek) and 2 
cooperative Sabine's Gulls.  I met up with Loch at Chatfield and we found the 
Snowy Plover on the Plum Creek Delta along with a Semipalmated Plover and a 
Pectoral Sandpiper.  Landbirds at Chatfield were few and far between but there 
was a male Red-naped Sapsucker near the cove at the SE shore.  Pics of some of 
these birds can be viewed from the links below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lochkilpatrick
http://www.pbase.com/gwalbek/2012_birds

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to