I'll confirm that Teller 5 is great right now.  At 4:00 p.m. I saw most of this 
stuff including the Short-billed Dowitcher, Pectoral Sandpiper and a Solitary 
Sandpiper plus a Greater Yellowlegs (and Killdeer which I think Ted must have 
just omitted from his list.  And of the 6 or so distant peeps, I could only be 
certain of Least).  Lesser Yellowlegs were the most common species.  Anyway you 
cut it 12 shorebird species at one site in Boulder County are super.  If you go 
out there, don't ignore the thicket along the north shore.  I had several 
Wilson's Warblers and a Warbling Vireo this afternoon.  It could be holding 
other goodies.

I tried for Ted's previously reported Least Terns at Panama, but only turned up 
a pair of Forster's.

 Bill Kaempfer
Boulder

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Ted Floyd
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 7:55 PM
To: cobirds
Subject: [cobirds] Sandpipers at Teller Lake No. 5, Boulder County, 13 Sept.


Hello, Birders.


Hannah and Andrew and I visited Teller Lake No. 5 ("North Teller Lake"), 
Boulder County, earlier this evening, Thursday, Sept. 13th, and saw many 
sandpipers. It's not quite Jackson or Prewitt out there, but, hey, it's decent 
by Boulder County standards. We saw these sandpipers:


1 Pectoral Sandpiper

1 Stilt Sandpiper

1 continuing short-billed Short-billed Dowitcher

1 Western Sandpiper

5 Semipalmated Sandpipers

1 Least Sandpiper

3 Baird's Sandpipers

17 Lesser Yellowlegs

3 Solitary Sandpipers

2 Wilson's Snipes


Beautiful light, close-up viewing, what more could you want? Sure beats the 
2-miles-away shorebirds at Panama Rez... If you go, please remember that people 
aren't allowed on the far (south) shore.


And if you go out there, watch the "quicksand," and check out Hannah's and 
Andrew's safety markers...


Ted Floyd

[email protected]

Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado

                                          

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to