I took a late morning walk through Crow Valley Campground today and found a 
juvenile Black-billed Cuckoo at the north edge near the fenced off "wildlife 
area". While I was trying to see if I had gotten a decent picture (which I 
did), it disappeared into thin air. This bird has eluded me in Colorado for an 
embarrassing number of years!
That was the highlight of a beautiful autumnal day at Crow Valley with other 
species of note:
    Townsend's Warbler (4+)
    Wilson's Warbler (many)
    Yellow-rumped Warbler (2)
    McGillivray's Warbler (5+)
    Yellow-breasted Chat (1)
    Orange-crowned Warbler (2)
    Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (1)
    Western Tanager (many)
    Swainson's Thrush (2+)
    Hermit Thrush
    Red-naped Sapsucker
    Eastern Phoebe 
    Dusky Flycatcher
    empid sp.
    Western Wood Pewee
    Prairie Falcon

John W. Cobb
Louisville

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to