Hi all,

Birds are really moving in to the YMCA bird banding site. There are about a 
gazillion White-crowned Sparrows mostly Gambels race, and about the same number 
of Gray-headed Juncos. I captured an adult female Oregon Junco at the site 
today along with the usual Lincoln Sparrows, Pygmy Nuthatches,  white-crowns, 
and Gray-headed Juncos.

Also had a juvenile male Sharp-shinned Hawk chasing sparrows at  Lake Estes. It 
made a few passes at some chipping sparrows then lit in a cottonwood and 
watched a Lark Bunting and Vesper Sparrows a few yards away. The sparrows were 
feeding in the grass, yet  the hawk showed them no mind. I thought that was a 
bit peculiar.

Last evening I set up to trap Northern Saw-whet Owls and caught three owls 
before 10:00pm.   All three birds were young of the year. It brings the banding 
total to 8 birds caught in three evenings.

Scott Rashd
Estes Park

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to