I took the afternoon off today and headed out to Prewitt Reservoir, or what's 
left of it.  It was 3:00 p.m. by the time I got there, so I wasn't expecting 
much.

Driving in I had a Rock Wren and Solitary Sandpiper, but not much in the ditch 
formerly known as the inlet canal.  Below the dam there were lots of 
Yellow-rumps and a few White-breasted Nuthatches, but not much else.  While 
driving into the east end I had the best bird I saw in the general Prewitt 
area-a Cassin's Kingbird.

I then went on to the rarely visited North Sterling State Park.  The water 
level here was as low as I've ever seen it, but by heading out from Sunset 
Point in the late afternoon, I was able to get good light on the remaining 
water.  There were lots of pelicans, cormorants and gulls with the best birds 
being two first year Sabine's Gulls.  At the inlet canal by the campground I 
had a late "western" flycatcher.

Tomorrow, on to Phillips County.

Bill Kaempfer
Boulder

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Colorado Birds" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to