Cobirders,

As Brandon alluded to earlier today, it is the historical start of the
murrelet migration in Colorado.  Well, that may be a little misleading to
the less informed, but 67% of all sightings have occurred between November
2nd and November 28th.  Okay, full disclosure.  Six of the nine documented
Colorado sightings have occurred in that date range.  The little buggers
tend to pop up days after a cold front sweeps down from the NW Washington
State area like occurred last week, which means that Brandon was right on
track getting out and looking for them today.

It looks like another cold front may be tracking down our way next week to
present another opportunity.  So, get out and canvas the lakes this month
looking for those bobbing bobbers.  And with all of the activity of late,
we better make sure the Last Chance pond gets covered as well!

Good birding,

Steve Stachowiak

Highlands Ranch, CO