Late report but nothing really chaseable.  I drove to Salida last Friday in
search of  Rough-legged Hawks that I usually find in that area.  Though I
did not find any there I did spot one on my way home in the Coaldale area.
Then on Saturday I was disappointed to not see a Rough-legged on my way
down to Pueblo but was rewarded with one on the way home.  I have posted
photos of this bird on my Birds and Nature
blog<http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com>
.

The only birds of note I saw in the Salida area were a flock of
Great-tailed Grackles, a species that has usually been resident in at Sands
Lake in Salida for some years.  There were a few Common Goldeneye and a
good number of common waterfowl on that very productive pond.

A week ago two late Lesser Goldfinch arrived at my feeders and they are
still here.  These are the black-backed or Texas form and I also have
photos of them on my blog.  Same day I got my first Pine Siskins of the
season.  I have only been seeing Williamson's Sapsuckers (up to 4 males and
1 female) in Canon City for past couple of weeks but there is still a lot
of movement of them so hoping to refind the Yellow-bellied again.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @
http://birdsandbloomsblog.com/author/seetta-moss/