Cobirders,

The previously reported two White-winged Scoters and the lone Surf Scoter
were on Marston Lake this morning at 10 am.

I noted recent posts mentioning the lack of viewing opportunities at Marston
Lake.  There is a little known park at the south end of Marston Lake from
which the majority of the south end of the lake can be viewed.  There is not
a sign at the park, but I think the name may be Isthmus Nature Park or
something to that effect.  Drive east on Grant Ranch Blvd from Wadsworth
Blvd.  Continue approximately 1.7 miles to Jay Circle.  Proceed north on Jay
approximately 0.3 miles and the park will be on your left.  This small park
does not have a parking lot.  However, there are no signs prohibiting
parking on Jay Circle or on S Ingalls Street to the north just past the
park.

Enter the park and head north on the walking trails towards the large,
nicely covered, highly elevated gazebo (handicap accessible).  Viewing from
the gazebo affords good looks of the southern portion of the lake.  The
mostly inaccessible and fenced off Bowles Reservoir Number One located to
the south of Marston can also be viewed in its entirety from the gazebo.
This area makes one more appreciative of the use of Colorado Lottery funds!

Good birding,
Steve Stachowiak
Highlands Ranch, CO