The GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW and a bonus COMMON REDPOLL put on a show at Red
Rocks Trading Post this afternoon around 2pm.

Photos of these birds (and others) and a full species list are here:

Other nice birds were a very vocal "western" White-breasted Nuthatch (quite
a nice bird to hear now that I live out east) and a junco sweep (5 races)
including a possible Cassiar junco. I always look forward to Colorado's
junco (and red-tailed hawk) diversity when I come home for the holidays, so
I think I may have enjoyed the junco show as much as the redpoll!

Later this evening I had a NORTHERN SHRIKE while walking around my in-laws
neighborhood.  I first noticed it perched on a tree top, then after
fetching my camera from the house it reappeared across the street with a
scrap of food (passerine sp.) that it had presumably stashed nearby for
dinner. Probably the best views of a N. Shrike I've had in years.

A photo of the shrike and it's evening snack are at

Good birding,
Paul Hurtado
Pueblo, CO (& Columbus, OH) <http://people.mbi.ohio-state.edu/hurtado.10>