This afternoon (Friday, 4/19) while loading up my car, I spotted an adult
broad-winged hawk circling over our facility, which is just across the
interstate from Barr Lake State Park.  To make a long story short, there
were actually THREE raptors all up in the air at once: small, medium and
large. Small was the broad-winged hawk, medium was an adult red-tailed hawk,
and large was a second year bald eagle which likely cruised over from Barr
Lake.

If any folks are planning to bird Barr Lake tomorrow, feel free to stop by
the Raptor Education Foundation facility between 11AM and 2PM. We're having
an Open House and our birds will be available for public viewing. Admission
is free and light refreshments will be served.  We're just west of I-76 on
136th Ave, at Exit 20.  Look for the red balloons.

--Anne Price

Curator of Raptors, Raptor Education Foundation

Brighton, Adams County