Cobirders,

After sorting through hundreds of nothing but Vesper Sparrows, I had thrown in
my birding towel. When along came Glenn Walbek and Loch Kilpatrick with "You
quit too soon. Both McCown's and one Chestnut-collared are there." Sure enough.
Opposite the mountain loop were several McCown's. Joe Roller joined me and he
spotted the chestnut-collared in the same place. Didn't check much else, tho'
saw a willet, some sanderlings and a Wilson's phalarope in a brief look.

Larry Modesitt
Chairman, Board of Directors
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory