Hello all,

At about 11 this morning I found the Nashville warbler along the Fort
Collins bike trail.  It was exactly where it was described to be yesterday
about the same time.  The warbler was quietly working the top branches of
the large cottonwood just north of the picnic table which is 1/2 way
between Prospect and Timberline.  Then it went to the next south tree and
worked that.  It was unmistakable; it was yellow with the gray hood and eye
ring.  I was able to watch it for quite a while while the butterbutts
flitted around it (YR warblers, which are also fun because they are
colorful, varied, and easily seen.)  I didn't think I'd see the Nashville
because I did look for the palm warbler and the CC longspur and didn't see
them.

For the last several days I have been biking around to see birds (great
idea, Rick, to have a green big year!) and spent some of Sunday and Monday
in the same Poudre trail area, and also Riverbend ponds and Cottonwood
Hollow.  Lots of birds are out and about.  Newly seen were loggerhead
shrike, Forster's tern, savannah sparrow, Lincoln's sparrow, Swainson's
hawk, (still looking for the Broad winged hawk....any tips?), pied billed
grebe, spotted sandpiper, lesser yellowlegs, hairy woodpecker....lots of
Gambel's WC sparrows, some chipping sparrows, and more.

Happy birding!  Spring is so great!
Libby Edwards